Ok so this is probably going to be a long post,
New Year’s Day
So, to start off with I thought I would say that 2018 was a memorable one. On one hand I’m heartbroken about what I lost in 2018. Last year didn’t start off as a good one, my dear Grandad passed away and this upset me deeply knowing he wouldn’t meet my little one. I knew he wanted to meet this little bundle of joy so much.
On the other hand, I want to thank it for what it gave me. My Thea, this little human that I made. She completed me. I didn’t realise how quickly you could fall in love and feel so protective of this little person.
I don’t tend to do New Year’s Resolutions as I tend not to stick to them. It usually starts by me breaking my resolution and then I feel bad, I feel like I’m a terrible person and that I’m a failure and then for about a week I’m just depressed/stuffing my face with chocolate.
Instead of a resolution I’m going to set myself a couple of goals.
I decided to get the definitions of a resolution and a goal and here it is:
resolution/rɛzəˈluːʃ(ə)n/nounnoun: resolution; plural noun: resolutions
1. a firm decision to do or not to do something. “she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more”
goal/ɡəʊl/nounnoun: goal; plural noun: goals
1. the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result. “he achieved his goal of becoming King of England” – (What a goal!)
To me it was a no brainer, a goal just seemed more achievable, I don’t have to feel bad if I slip up.
My Goals are:
1. Drink more water – This seems pretty lame but by the end of the day I am so dehydrated and thirsty and I when I think back to what I drink in the day it’s pretty bad.
2. Be more organised / use my diary – I buy a diary every year and use it for like a month and then forget about it. I aim to use it more to stay organised.
3. Keep up with my Blog – I would love to be able to make time to blog at least once per week, this is my biggest goal.
4. Get Healthy – Ok so I know this one is a biggy. I am still with Beach Body on Demand and being as I pay for it yearly, I want to make the most of it. I also want to make healthier meals for me and my hubby. This will also benefit Thea as she will have healthier parents
5. Be present – So this to me is a few different things. I am a worrier. I sit there randomly worrying about little things so much so I forget what I’m doing and get consumed by it. I don’t mean having a break down or panic attack or anything luckily, but the moment gets eaten up and I quickly get into a bad mood. Also, being present for me is enjoying Thea. She is growing so fast that I want to remember the happy and sad times with her. As much as I hate getting out of bed at 3 am when she’s crying, I know this won’t last forever and I will actually miss these times, these times when she needs me.
So, they are my goals, safe to say I’m pretty on track.
We have tried to make the most out of this week. Danny had to go back to work on the 2nd. We spent some time as a family and stayed at home on other days just to chill out.
Thea also started back at Nursery and from now she is doing one full day per week in preparation for me going back to work.
My brother had Thursday off and as Thea was at nursery, he wanted to take me out as he was also off work. We don’t get to spend much time together just the two of us, so it was really lovely. We had such a laugh. He wanted to treat me and wanted me to choose where we should eat. I decided I would like to go to a Greek street food Restaurant called The Olive. I had been there in the past and loved it. My brother is a real foodie and he really knows his stuff. He was not disappointed, the food was amazing. We ordered Haloumi Fries, with tzatziki dip. Greek Salad, Chicken and Pork Souvlakis and a spicy sausage. We were stuffed. The portions were a good size and it’s not too pricey. I think our bill came to around £18 which included our 2 drinks. Afterwards we went into Lush and did a bit of shopping. Afterwards we headed around town looking for somewhere to have a coffee. We found a café called Bean Gaming. It’s basically a café that has a ton of boardgames that you can play while having a coffee, they also do delicious food.
Alan (my brother) decided we would play the IQ game. Obviously thinking he would win (spoiler, he didn’t :D) I really enjoyed my day and to top it off when I went to get Thea from nursery, they said she was brilliant. She was really enjoying herself and playing with all the toys.
After a chilled week, I realised that there was a mound of washing piling up (as usual) and little things around the house needed doing. We still needed to take the Christmas tree and decorations down, but I also wanted to make the most of the weekend.
We got up early and started doing odd jobs so that later in the evening we could sit and relax. We go around Danny’s parents for a fry up on a Saturday and we decided that afterwards we would go for a walk around Bradgate Park. It was a pretty cold and fresh day, but I like it when it’s like this. Firstly, there are not as many people around and you can really appreciate your surroundings, especially at Bradgate Park. We walked up to Old John and the views are amazing. We took Poppy with us and it was a bit difficult with the pram, in some areas we had to lift it, but it didn’t stop us. We got to use one of Danny’s new Christmas presents, so I don’t think Danny really appreciates my sparkly changing bag so I bought him a really stylish black changing bag from Max Ezra LDN. I will do a separate blog on this.
We had a lovely family day out but by the time we got home it was quite late. I really couldn’t be bothered to take the Christmas tree down, I was super tired and still had to get Thea to bed. She’s just cut her first tooth, so I was hoping for a better night sleep (What even is sleep)
My flipping amazing Danny took everything down and put it in the attic whilst I fed Thea and got her down for her sleep. YES!
To top the weekend off it was the lovely Freddie’s First Birthday! We went to his little party where there were loads of toys to play with, food and yummy cake! Thea thoroughly enjoyed the music as she was bopping away. Happy Birthday Freddie!